Monday, June 2, 2014

Review! Life After Taylah by Bella Jewel


My mother's name is Taylah, and once, a very long time ago, she was my best friend - she was everything I wanted to be. 


Until the night she disappeared. 

Ten years on and my life, my families lives and the world around us has never been the same again. 
How can it be when you are left not knowing?

No leads. No connections. Nothing. Just pure emptiness. 

My dancing is the only way I can separate myself from the pain that lies in my home, in my father's eyes and in my brother's spirit. They need me and I'll fight with everything I am to be there for them, but who will be there for me?

Then I meet Nate. 

Champion Motocross racer and everything my father doesn't want for me. He's forbidden, he's beautiful, and he's carrying a bundle of his own secrets. When I step into his world, there is no turning back. He will consume me. He will teach me how to breathe again. He will put a tiny piece of

my broken heart, back together.
  
                       My thoughts ... 


This is one of those books you either love or hate. There’s no way in between.


Life After Taylah is the story of a family that has been broken apart after the mother left.

Until the age of thirteen, Avery had had everything – a loving family, the perfect home, the perfect life. But one day, her mother just disappeared and everything fell apart.



Now, ten years later, her father is a cold, cruel man. Her brother is slowly killing himself with drugs and alcohol and she’s tied to a man she doesn’t feel anything for.

Avie has one refuge and that is ballet. She always loved to dance and, surprisingly, her father supported her passion even after her mother went missing.
It’s painful to see how Taylah’s disappearance impacted their lives.

But something changes the night she meets Nathanial.

He has his own baggage but they seem to be good for each other.
Unfortunately, nothing is that simple. A relationship between her and Nate is impossible and, should they give in, the consequences would be devastating for both of them.

I can’t say more without giving you spoilers. You’ll have to read and find out what the story is.
As I said, this is one of those books you either hate or love. I don’t know if I agree with Nate and Avery. Mostly, I disagree with Nathanial. I understood his situation but I still think he should have acted differently. Yes, when you love someone and find solace in that person’s embrace, it's hard to let, go but even so. I know that as an observer it's easy to point out the mistakes so I tried to picture myself in their situation.
And I still think that all the pain and torment could have been avoided. 

Before making a judgement, read the whole book, because this story is really complicated.
Also, I’d like to read more about the other characters, too.
Bella’s writing style is good and I definitely will pick up more of her books.

Happy Reading!!


Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Si soarele e o stea

Bloguri, Bloggeri si Cititori